Opening General Session: Demand, Drones & Disruption - Driving Forces in Meetings and Events
Join Michael Dominguez, Senior VP and Cheif Sales Officer for MGM Resorts International, for an impactful General Session.
Demand, Drones & Disruption
Driving Forces in Meetings & Events
As the economic environment and hotel structure continue to change at a rapid pace, it is important to understand the current outlook, economic concerns and forecasts that will dictate behavior in the Meetings Environment. Our meeting’s world has become much more complex with a variety of issues from room piracy, cyber security, meetings advocacy and Health & Wellness leading the charge. In this dynamic session, industry veteran Michael Dominguez shares the latest trends in the hotel industry and how they affect your meetings and incentives. Gain a better understanding of the economic environment, how structural changes will have an impact in 2016 and beyond, identify ways to optimize your relationships with hotels as well as your key stakeholders. We will also explore the internal and external forces that will continue to pressure meeting design, content dissemination and the need to understand we no longer have attendees, but rather participants in meetings
• Understand Pricing demands in today's meeting market
• Review industry forecast for major North American Markets
• Understand the need for change and rapidly changing technology
• Understand behavior changes in audiences of the future
• Review the future of Meeting Room design and the influences behind the trends
Closing General Session - What's Your Competitive Edge
Join brand expert, Judi Holler and discover your competitive edge.
What’s Your Competitive Edge? The 3 Step System to Building a Personal Brand That Creates Career Stability Through personal stories, Improv games and over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry, this interactive session will help attendees understand why their personal brand is critical to success, growth and freedom. Attendees will learn The Brandprov System framework and will take-a-way the following:
• How to promote yourself internally and externally
• Steps to gain a competitive edge
• How to land better professional opportunities
• Tools to provide more focus and productivity
• How to differentiate yourself from the competition
• Strategies that will help you expand the reach of your network
• A personalized value proposition statement you can use immediately
• An understanding of how to overcome and embrace your fear
• A chance to improvise!